CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

...your best intentions may not be enough...

I learn something new everyday. There is, however, one thing that seems to be resonating with me here lately...and that is: (for the most part) all people are the same. If nothing else, people are all the same in my life. Everyone I know, with the exception of two, have let me down (but those two are perfect, so it doesn't really count.) It seems like everyone likes to watch me hurt, and for some reason, the jokes on me. Tonight, I was slapped by the reality that the one person in my life who has consistently been an image of strength, hope, persistence, and encouragement now falls into that category of "everyone I know."

It hurts to know that not only was I lied to, but this woman lied to my face. I've never been anything less than honest with her. I've never been so hurt in all of my life. And to find out the way I did, it feels like I've been kicked in the stomach.

The only thing I've ever asked was to be a part of people's lives. To not be there for this is the worst. I feel betrayed. And it's ruining my weekend.

0 comments: